Sunday, December 16, 2007

a long week

I can not even express how glad i am that it is the weekend. It has been a challenging week, to say the least. I love my job but there's moments when it feels like we are running hard against a wall that likes to yell, cuss, hit and scratch a lot. When you give so much emotionally and physically for the kids but they have so much against them that it's very easy to get discouraged when progress isn't always evident.
At the beginning of the school year, I was talking to a friend who is in her first year of teaching. She was talking about how well her class is going and how she feels like the discipline plans that are in place will never be used. I remember laughing at this point because for our class, behavioral plans are a way of survival. I truly love my job and i know that i'll be excited to go back and be a part of the last week of school before Christmas break but right now i think I'm going to go to bed.

(copied from myspace on request from my adoring fans :) haha)

No comments: