Monday, March 10, 2008

update and stuffers

On friday night, Dusty, the Sticklers and I tried the new restaurant across from our house. It's called the Firkin' and Frog. It's a pub that has english ties. We had fun doing the trivia game on the big tv's and eating good food. Afterwards, molly and i went to our house and watched Anne of Avonlea and the guys went to the Stickler's house to concure the world.

Saturday morning i drove down to my mom's house. It's been quite awhile so it was fun to be down there for a bit. We had lunch with my dad's mom. My grandpa is doing so much better. He'll be 90 soon and had some pretty bad strokes last year. It's amazing how much he has recovered. He's using a wheel chair now but that's just because it's safer. He also has lost is preferral vision in both eyes but he can deal with that. For awhile he couldn't walk or talk at all and had lost a lot of memory and the use of his right side. He's doing so well and has gotten so much back...it was great to see, a huge answer to prayer.

Today at school i got bit pretty bad. I'm heading to urgent care later. I'll be totally fine and i'd like to just ignore it but it broke the skin a bit so i guess i better go get my shots updated. OH what a day. I should post a picture. The kid was in crisis and i was getting his shoes off him after he'd hit a kid. I felt the bite but ignored it. It's not the first time but this time it instantly swelled and bruised pretty good.... but it's just part of the job.

2 comments:

Nessie said...

You got bit by a kid?...I was confused at first...I was thinking spider or dog. Yeah, bruising and swelling isn't a good sign. Mouths are pretty dirty things, so I hope you're okay.

Glad you had such a good time with your family and that your grandpa is doing better:-)

Miss u :-)

Nessie

Emily said...

I'm glad to hear that your Grandpa is doing better.

How did it go at urgent care? Workman's Comp paid for it, right? Human bites can be nasty, so I'm glad you went.