Saturday, August 23, 2008

A bit of the summer of 2008

So, I realized I hadn't blogged for a big portion of the summer so here are a few pictures for now.

We are celebrating Dusty's 28th birthday and he's bit excited about his cake. He'd also been playing a lot of Guitar Hero so this is a common expression these days.
Dusty and Corban... a future Guitar Hero lover I'm sure. They start them young around these parts.
Micah, Seth and Dusty on the Sticklers roof, watching the Fort Vancouver fireworks.

Dusty and I celebrated our 4th anniversary at Crater Lake and Klamath Falls this year. It was a lot of fun to get away which we haven't done for awhile. I love you dear!

A pretty fantastic coffee shop, in Astoria. It's right on the water and serves great coffee too!


A good friend I met this summer. Erin and I worked together at the Marshall Community Center with the Inclusion kids this summer and I also got to show her around the area a bit before she headed back to Nebraska.
Here are a few of our kiddo's, that we worked with this summer. This was after our hike a Multnomah Falls.

We got to go to the Red bull Flugtag, in downtown Portland, which was a lot of fun. It was packed so i didn't get the best pictures but here are a few of the flying contraptions. Hmmm...it would be a lot of fun to enter, next time it comes to Portland. Any takers!? :)

Kristie and I at Family camp.



A few of the little ones at Family camp. That wagon was very popular with the young crowd.


Corban and I chillin' at our Church family camp. We got to spend a lot of quality time together while his parents and Dusty swam. No complaints here.

This was a pretty good summer...I can't believe school is starting again in a little over a week! We only have a week of camp left...hard to believe. I'll continue teaching swimming lessons during the school year and possibly soccer too ..oh and I'll start as Sparky director at Awana which starts in a month and a half...oh my

Well i better go finish the laundry.

Till later....

4 comments:

Emily said...

It looks like you have had a fun summer! Thanks for sharing! I can't believe it's almost over, can you?

Anonymous said...

Good job with pictures! I love pictures... they say so much. So, it sounds like you will be awfully busy with Awana, Swimming, Soccer... oh and your job!!! Will we still see you?

Molly

Nessie said...

thanks for the update! I miss you all so much! I'm glad you get to spend so much time with Corban :-)

jacquelyn said...

yes i agree pictures make reading blogs way more exciting. thanks for posting them. how are you guys doing...besides having fun all summer? does dusty still work at walgreens? we drove by the church this weekend when we were in town for a wedding.. looks awesome! very exciting i am sure!
i should go do some laundry too! (=