Saturday, February 23, 2008

Time of worship


After i got off work yesterday, i went through my music on my mp3 player. I had a few doubles and wanted to add some more. Before i go to work recently, I've been sitting in my car and listening to some music and spending some time in prayer. It's been pretty awesome and i highly recommend it.

I used to love listening to worship bands practice . I'd go early to the chapel at Ecola and lay on the chairs and just listen and at Hauser and even a few times at Evergreen.

When we were in Junior High, my friend Naomi, Liz and i would take the sound track tapes of Braveheart and Apollo 13 and play them in the old wooden chapel at Camp Fircroft. We'd lay on the floor and just listen. Oh such sweet times.

To me, good music is like sitting on the beach, it's cleansing. Or laying in a field with a blanket around you, watching the clouds roll by or on a clear, star filled night.

Peter pan nights, oh how i miss thee. :)

I have many great memories of good friends, a guitar (or just voices) and beautiful nights, just hanging out and worshiping our Savior. Sometimes their was sand and a camp fire or a high cliff, or in old building in Bangkok(with the doors wide open for everyone to hear), sometimes on a boat ramp, other times it was sitting on the most fantastic couch known to man or on an outlook towards the ocean, or on a roof of a friends house.

What are some of your favorite memories of times of worship?

1 comment:

thesticklergirl said...

Oddly enough, mine are a lot like yours... and I'll add a couple. I love to sing in deserted campground bathrooms, in the shower, in my car, in the back of my truck looking at airplanes and rivers...

Probably my fondest memory was of the house that Bob & Jason lived in - laying on the floor with the stereo blasting in the dark (by myself!)

At Multnomah I liked to go hang out by the piano practice rooms and listen to really talented musicians play.

God is so good - I just love to eavesdrop on people giving Him praise!