Saturday, February 23, 2008

Writing on the wall

I like writing on the stuff. I guess when i was like four years old, i was taking a nap in my parents room. During this time i also practiced writing my name in permanent marker on there bed spread. A few years later i practiced writing on the base of a lamp, in the living room. When i was older, before JHigh i think, i was waiting for my dad to get home and i wrote a novel on the porch (it was in pencil). Back in North Bend, a friend of ours built a house. She invited everyone over to write on the walls before it was drywalled. We wrote scripture all over the walls and dedicated the house to the Lord. It was pretty cool.

Our church is in the process of building a new building. The walls are up, windows put in, and the roof is on. Last night we had a time of worship and praise, then we headed over to the new building for more prayer and then we got to write all over the inside walls. It was pretty sweet. Some of the kids didn't know what to do with themselves, with this much freedom :) I love our church family.

3 comments:

thesticklergirl said...

I think you credit for having written the longest passage on the walls at the church... that wall will always be special :) Even when your writing is covered by drywall, paint, etc.

So cool.

Bethany said...

:)It was definitely not my goal to write the most. But i really didn't want to leave anything out, paraphrasing is not one of my spiritual gifts :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.